June 22, 2018

Weave Me Tales of Irony

This is going to be one of my rare personal posts. As you may know, I write about dead blogs. I first stumbled across Blogger in the beginning of 2018 AD, years after it had began its decline. I lurked on the site for quite a long time, studying the ruins of the community that once thrived on this noble platform. It was inspiring enough for me to begin a blog of my own as a place to share my thoughts on Blogger. However, as of late I have been gradually losing my inspiration.


I still have an ever-growing list of dead blogs/bloggers that have piqued my curiosity, but sometimes I lack the words to say about them. At one point, I considered taking my blog in another direction by making it a blog where I follow up with dead bloggers and interview them as to why they quit or where they are at now. I potentially have the means to do so, seeing as I have a large collection of contact information at my disposal. But the challenge seemed a bit daunting and I didn't know exactly how to approach it. It makes me wonder how much content I should try to produce. When I started this blog, I had only four goals:


1. Acquire at least 10 views
2. Receive a non-spam comment
3. Acquire a follower
4. Have some kind of correspondence or community with like-minded people


At this present juncture, I have achieved three out of four goals. I still wish that others who like dead-blogs could have found my humble corner of the internet and joined me in my investigations to form a community of Blogger-sleuths, but I realize it was asking a bit much for an invisible blog on a dying platform.


How ironic would it be if a blog about dead blogs died?


Long live the Prince?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Correspond with your prince