June 18, 2019

The Secret Coven (PART 1)

As promised, I will tell you the story of my encounter with the mysterious Cinderella Society. It all started when I stumbled across a lovely little bloggess named Lumina. Lumina was a brilliant writer, artist, and singer, (who probably deserves her own post, in all fairness). Her blog was full of whimsy, fairy-tale, and a fascinating narrative, so I certainly recommend giving it a read. After reading her entire blog I fell in love with her affinity for finding the enchanted side of life.

Seeking more content of its kind, I followed all the friends of hers I could find to their respective blogs. After following trails of authors who spoke in fairy tales, I pieced together the scattered shards of a Blogger community that has been dead for some time. Per my normal processes when finding ancient blogospheres, I looked for common threads that could bind this group of blogs together. In terms of content there were many underlying themes that were somewhat common among the authors. For instance, all of them shared an affinity for the fairy-tale/fantasy genre, they often dabbled in art and poetry as well as writing, they were most active around 2011, several of them were part of the EGL (Elegant-Goth & Lolita) Community, and many of them deleted their blogs. I found many common traits among them, but it felt like there was a unifying piece missing. That's when I found it: The Cinderella Society.

This elusive group identified as a 'society of feminine magic-hunters and occultists.' I was shocked to find that a secret coven of mystics had existed under my very nose! It's rare that a king is unaware of a powerful group, let alone a magic society in his own kingdom. Being resolved to solve every mystery in my kingdom, I dove deeper down the proverbial rabbit hole. Luckily, the Cinderellas were kind enough to have a page explaining their nature and purpose.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"In simpler terms, the Cinderella Society is a selective esoteric discussion group prone to whimsy. We like to discuss everything from Fernando Pessoa and Jungian psychology to the history behind the Harry Potter books. We are also a research-based group, contributing to an ever-growing private wikipedia documenting our findings on a variety of interesting topics, among them Rosicrucianism, Nicolas Flamel, and 19th to 20th spiritualism as a reaction to the Enlightenment Period and the Industrial Revolution. 


Since established during the summer of 2010, the Cinderella Society has waxed and waned in activity, but whether we have 30 members or five, one aspect has not changed: the inherent drive to understand the magical, foreign, and otherworldly embedded in the foundation of our nature."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
This group was dedicated to understanding the supernatural, magical, and otherworldly. Near as I can tell, the group was founded by a girl named Ariana who started blogging at the young age of 13. It's an incredibly ambitious undertaking for someone so young to start a secret society, but Ariana clearly had the vision to do it.

Though I can't definitively prove which bloggers were a part of the society, I have yet another index of authors who I have cross-referenced and cataloged. I still don't know if that's the kind of content you all enjoy, but I will be posting it soon all the same. Stay tuned!

Long live the King

No comments:

Post a Comment

Correspond with your prince