April 19, 2018

Why I Love Blogger

I love Blogger for a number of reasons. Now many of you rebels may be saying, "Your highness, Blogger is dead. Long live WordPress for it's user-friendly interface, customizability, and easy monetization!" And you're absolutely right. When I first began browsing Blogger, (beginning in the year of our Lord 2018), I saw the many dips in activity over the years and researched the cause. Many people had apparently moved on to Tumblr and WordPress for their blogs. And it makes sense for practical reasons why they would do so. For serious bloggers, it seems only natural to move to a more accommodating platform. And this is why I love Blogger.


Blogger is old, buggy, and mostly forgotten. The majority of people starting on here weren't out to make a blogging career. Blogger's attitude harkens to the early days of the internet, where not everyone was connected and there was no assurance that anyone would see your content. People would just speak into the vast expanses of the internet just to see if anyone would reply. It wasn't very viable as a career, and there was no assurance you would receive any notice or attention. And yet, these pioneers did it anyway. That's the true beauty.


Congratulations to the many blog writers who have hit the big time, but I long to see the nobodies of the internet. I want to see people shouting into the void just for the sake of it. It's honest, raw, and beautiful. Unfiltered, non-corporate, independent candor.


Since you all now know why this platform is so endeared to me, I will be sharing in future posts about my various adventures. I have wandered many strange lands on this site, and I hope you will find my discoveries to be engaging.


Long live the Prince

No comments:

Post a Comment

Correspond with your prince